Our technical password security auditing course is aimed at security professionals. We use tools such as Hashcat and JohnTheRipper to teach students how to crack passwords. This course is an in-depth technical course aimed at serious security professionals, we aim to take your from zero-to-hero with a few weeks of practice. Contact our sales team through the contact form to learn more.
• WHAT KNOWLEDGE & TOOLS ARE REQUIRED?
No prior experience required other than basic usage of Windows and Linux (Optional).
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
• Hacking Enthusiasts.
• System Developers.
• Website Security Specialists.
• Cyber Security Students.
WHAT WILL YOU ACHIEVE AFTER TAKING THIS COURSE?
- Thorough understanding of Hashcat & John The Ripper (JTR).
- Straight Attacks.
- Combinator/Combination Attacks.
- Brute-Force Attacks.
- Hybrid Wordlist + Mask Attacks.
- Hybrid Mask + Wordlist Attacks.
- How to use Cewl to generate word-lists from a data source, i.e. a Website.
- Command Line manipulation using STDIN & STDOUT.
- How to use PACK (Password Analysis & Cracking Kit).
- How to use Statsgen to analyse password datasets.
- How to use Maskgen to create .hcmask files to use with Hashcat.
- How to construct mask files manually. (hcmask)
- Thorough understanding of how hashing algorithms and password salting works.
- How to extract password files from a domain controller and the SAM database.
- Password Policies to protect your organization from these attacks.